with excellent professional development opportunities! Individual will ensure
case management services are provided to persons with major mental
illnesses. This position will administratively and clinically supervise a
team of Case Managers and Life Skill Educators.
orient, and train case managers to deliver services to persons with major
mental illnesses (dually diagnosed, as well) and their
ongoing clinical and administrative supervision to manage the delivery of
services taking into consideration maximizing resources and fostering the
clients' independence while maintaining the quality of the service.
and represent team cases and the agency in staffing and meetings to ensure
adequate treatment collaboration and communication both internally and externally.
and direct the intake process into case management services, determining
CSP eligibility, triage, and initial treatment planning with the staff
psychiatrist or psychiatric resident and assignment or transfer of
cases. Must keep the system responsive to changes in demand and
that staff complete administrative and clinical reports in a timely
manner. Must provide the resources necessary for case managers to be
able to do their jobs effectively.
direct service backup and augmentation as needed to team cases as well as
shared responsibility for coverage across teams.
access and excellence in service by providing input through staff
meetings and meetings for program development .
for participating and leading trainings as needed for case managers, Life
Skills Educators in topics including but not limited to co-occurring
assessment and treatment, behavioral interventions, ethics and
- Master's degree
- 3 years of direct services to persons with similar needs as those served in CSP.
- License/License Eligible (see Licensing Requirements Notice below)
- Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills
- This is a full-time position
- This is an exempt position
Licensing Requirement Notice:
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Non-licensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
- Full-time position (37.5 hours/week)
is an exempt position
- Benefits eligible
mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the
Roster of Non-licensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be
hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin
the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take
3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state
applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office
of Professional Regulation.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.