"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Clinician - School Services - Richmond Elementary School
Employees in this
position may be eligible for up to $3,000 in grant-funded tuition or loan
Provide mental health, consultation and case management services to youth, using a Social Work model.
The School Services Program helps children, ages 3-22 and their families address challenges so that children can experience healthy development and school success. School Services Clinicians act as the link between home, school and community in order to promote and support students' overall school and social success.
This is a co-hire position between Howard Center and the Richmond School District.
- Develop and implement treatment plans for students experiencing significant emotional/behavioral/environmental challenges
- Provide services in school, home and community settings
- Provide services/support at multiple levels including: individual, family, group, staff/team, classroom and school community
- Provide supportive counseling and collateral contact to students and families in order to facilitate success in reaching treatment goals
- Conduct clinical assessments and diagnosis
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention
- Educate/Consult with school staff about mental health issues, poverty, marginalization and disenfranchisement
- Clinical documentation and record keeping in compliance with Agency requirements
- Masters Degree in a mental health discipline
- Experience working with youth with emotional/behavioral challenges
VT Clinical License or License Eligible and on the Roster of Non-Licensed, Non-Certified Psychotherapists (See Licensing Requirement Notice Below)
Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
Licensing Requirement Notice:
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid clinical license then you must added to the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
- Annual starting salary at $52,002.46 (Non-Licensed), $54,285.18 (Licensed)
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence. Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- 40-hour work week with a 205-day annual contract
- Time off includes accruals to cover paid school breaks, 3 personal days and 8 sick days (pro-rated for part time staff and mid-year hires)
- $1000 bonus for completing contract days annually (pro-rated for part time staff and mid-year hires)
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.