“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Clinician - Chittenden Clinic Opioid Treatment Program:
Provide services to patients dependent/recovering from opioid use. Coordinate individual, group, and family counseling, as well as comprehensive health home services that address medical and psychosocial needs.
Advancement opportunities available following successful licensure.
The Chittenden Clinic is a large Opioid Treatment Program in Chittenden County, serving 1,000 patients. Our Medical Director, John Brooklyn, is a 2019 recipient of the Nyswander-Dole award for his contribution to the field of OUD treatment. We have a harm reduction orientation, use evidence-based interventions, and have a dedicated group of professionals using an inter-disciplinary team approach to client care.
Licensing Requirement Notice:
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time
employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16
hours or more
• Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
• Two Dental options through Delta Dental
• Vision Insurance
• Employer 401(k) contributions
• Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
• Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
• Childcare Stipend
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.