The Children's Outpatient and Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)* Clinician position will spend 3 days per week in Howard Center's clinic providing outpatient therapy to children and 2 days per week in the Winooski Office providing PCIT. Goals include improve functioning, decrease symptomology, and increase overall wellbeing. Therapy will take place in both school and clinic settings. Candidates in this role are professional, mature, relaxed, introspective, and a team player. Successful candidates are trauma-informed, flexible, competent clinical writers, and able to navigate technology. Position provides high quality supervision, continuing education, and membership on a mature and dynamic outpatient team.
*PCIT is an evidence based treatment protocol for families with young children, which consists of live in-the-moment coaching for adult caregivers as they interact with their child. Families come to a small playroom with a one-way mirror and observation/coaching room on the other side. The adult caregivers are coached in real time through a bug in their ear, developing mastery in skills to increase warmth and attachment, through focusing on their child's positive behaviors. Additionally, they learn and practice giving directions to their child, and implementing calm, consistent, discipline strategies. Training to provide PCIT will be provided by a Howard Center PCIT trainer.
Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license required for this position then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for part-time positions
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.