Excellent position for someone who is detail oriented, wants to increase their experience in the mental health field, and likes a fast-paced atmosphere.
ASSIST is a residential setting for adults needing crisis respite and stabilization services and can serve up to 6 adults at a time. A hospital diversion program, ASSIST is staffed 24/7/365 and supports adults as they transition from inpatient to outpatient services or stabilize from personal crises. Staff supervise and monitor clients to ensure structure and safety, provide group intervention and individual support, and offer case management and therapeutic services.
- Facilitate therapeutic groups
- Prepare meals
- Collaborate with the medical treatment team
- Monitor psychiatric symptoms of clients
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years' experience in related field (1 overnight required)
- Valid driver's License and use of a personal vehicle
- Positive attitude
- Full-time position
- Benefits eligible
- This is a union position
- This is a non-exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.