Career Coaches support clients who are eligible for developmental services and transitioning into employment in their final year of high school. This position supports clients/interns in 3 internship opportunities within a host business site that allows them to gain experience and valuable work skills. A successful candidate is able to develop and maintain internship opportunities through close communication with department managers, provide individualized training and support to interns based on their needs, work and communicate well with a variety of program partners, and assist job seekers with networking and outreach to potential employers/businesses.
Click the link below to hear from Individuals currently in this role:
Perks & Benefits:
-Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.