Assist clients participating in our Community Support Program in looking for and securing safe and affordable housing. The Community Support Program serves Chittenden County adults 18 and older with severe and/or persistent mental health challenges.
- Track housing listings
- Work with clients to determine monthly budget
- Assist clients in applying for housing and housing subsidies
- Visit apartments with clients
- Assist with acquiring furnishings for housing and arranging movers
- Participate in Community Housing Review Committee to access resources such as subsidies or units
- A combination of one year of experience in Human Services or in housing related work and education will be considered
- A valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- This is a full time position
- This is a non-exempt position
- This is a union position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.