The Administrative Assistant role is highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, extremely organized, and able to work smoothly and efficiently with regular interruptions. This position will provide quality assistance to clients, community members, the general public and employees of the agency and will ensure efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of our building. This includes the use of Electronic Health Records system, phone management, visitor flow, maintaining public spaces, supply ordering, among other things.
- Front Desk management
- Provides general clerical and office supports
- Engages with clients in a warm and professional manner
- Utilizing electronic health record system and other technologies
- Holder of building wide information
- Provides customer service to staff/clients/guests seeking assistance
- Two or more years' of administrative or business experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Part-time position (13 hours/week), covering evening and weekend hours (5:00-7:00pm Monday -Thursday, and Saturdays 8:00-1:00pm)
- This is a non-exempt position
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!