Assist in maintaining accurate accounting systems, with strong emphasis in accounts receivable. This position will utilize both automated and manual accounting techniques in accordance with GAAP to process financial data and complete reports and other documentation.
- Enter accurate financial data for billing purposes
- Create invoices for contracted and miscellaneous services provided
- Maintain accounts receivable aging
- Maintain accounting records and documentation of customer account status.
Receipts and Collections:
- Follow-up on past due balances. Process cash receipts, apply payments accurately and timely to accounting software ledger and sub ledger systems.
- Complete monthly journal entries
- Reconcile accounts receivable and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare related correspondence, reports and statements
- Code and enter data into financial accounting system.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Associates Degree in accounting, business or related field
- Minimum of one year of relevant office experience with strong emphasis in accounts receivable and billing
- Working knowledge of full-cycle bookkeeping.
- Experience working with accounting software and MS Office tools
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits Eligible
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.