Be a Part of Welcoming Clients to Howard Center
The Access Specialist is a detail oriented role within the Access and Intake Call Center. This position takes incoming calls as the first point of contact for most new clients, spanning all ages and diagnoses. The Access Specialist provides information, systems navigation, initial screening, basic eligibility determination, schedules intake assessments, and knowledge of services.
As a member of the Access and Intake team, the Access Specialist works closely with Intake Clinicians and Navigators to ensure that clients gain rapid access to supports. This enthusiastic team works to provide services to clients in a quick and seamless manner while providing the best customer service.
- Establish professional relationships with clients and families seeking help
- Respond to calls to Howard Center
- Provide information about internal and external programs, resources and services
- Provide systems navigation
- Facilitate and document brief initial screening
- Schedule appointments for Intake assessments
- Two years of experience working in the Human Services field or a combination of experience and education
- Experience with systems navigation, diverse populations and knowledge of the array of services available
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- This is a full time, exempt position
- Annual salary of $37,401.00
- This is a union position
- This position is office based
- This position has a Monday through Friday schedule
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.