We value the many contributions of our staff,
and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of
the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining
one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our
neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center
helps change lives:
The Jarrett House is a cutting-edge program
designed to provide immediate residential stabilization for children
experiencing an acute mental health crisis. The goal of the Jarrett House
is to stabilize children in crisis and to safely transition them back to their
This position supervises a team of direct care
staff, offers leadership within the milieu and provides guidance during crisis
situations. Ensure that high quality care is provided at all times. The
successful candidate is able to effectively model how to work with highly
traumatized children and ensure safety in the work.
- Supervise direct care staff and interns
- Recruit and train team members
- Use independent decision making and strong judgement skills
for daily programmatic needs and crisis situations
- Communicate, organize and facilitate with a wide
variety of people including children, families, treatment teams and
- Abide by Medicaid, state and federal laws
- Utilize solid organization skills to maintain
strict documentation requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years' experience in group care providing intensive
treatment supports to children.
- Use of a personal vehicle and an acceptable driving
- Full -time
- Annual salary starting at $42,921
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.