Work part time with a small multi-disciplinary team of professionals to meet the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students; provide intensive instruction to students in literacy and math (one-to-one and small group), facilitate teams for the purpose of re-integrating students into public school, and provide Special Education case management. Experience implementing progress monitoring and MTSS (multi-tier system of supports) is desired.
Baird School provides an alternative educational environment for children ages 5-14 (grades K-8) whose needs cannot be met in a regular educational environment due to social, emotional and/or behavioral challenges. Students engage in academic, social, emotional, and behavioral programming to develop skills/strategies that will allow them to succeed in the least restrictive educational environment available to them.
Design/Implement effective curriculum and instruction for students
Diagnostic teaching, administration or informal assessments and ongoing progress monitoring in all subject areas
Develop/Implement academic and environmental accommodations
Assess/Document academic, social, emotional and behavioral functioning
Serve as Interdisciplinary team member, collaborating with teachers, families, public school personnel and other treatment providers
Bachelors degree (Masters Degree preferred)
Physical capability to safely and effectively implement physical crisis
This is a part time position, 20 hours per week
This is a salaried position
This is a bargaining unit position
Burlington is a vibrant, picturesque community on Lake Champlain and the most culturally diverse city in Vermont. Burlington has an international airport, and is in close proximity to a number of large cities, including Montreal (90 minutes away by car), Boston (45 minutes by air), and New York City (one hour by air). With our excellent schools system, parks, Lake Champlain, and local ski mountains within an hour's drive, it is not surprising that Burlington routinely finds itself on the "best places in the country to raise children" lists.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.