Senior Intake Clinician- Access/ Intake
*INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY- This position is only open to current full-time employees of Howard Center's Access & Intake Program*
The Senior Intake Clinician is trained to work across all client populations regardless of age or diagnosis. This role will provide continual training and education around assessment and referrals and take the lead on collaborating with other internal programs regarding assessed clients. The Senior Intake Clinician conducts planned and walk-in assessments, on site and in the community, facilitates groups and participates in treatment team meetings or Act 264 meetings as needed.
This position serves as a member of the Access and Intake team, the intake clinician works closely with care coordinators and agency programs to ensure that clients gain access to needed supports as quickly as possible.
· Establish professional relationships with clients and families
· Provides initial intake assessment to children, youth, and adults regardless of diagnosis
· Provide treatment and service recommendations & referrals
· Supervise clinician subs and interns, if/when licensed supervise full time intake clinician
· Train new clinicians, staff, subs, and student interns
· Coordinate with internal programs regarding new client
· Completes assessments and IPC's
· Completes documentation in electronic health record
· Coordinate with multiple stakeholders
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be currently employed at Howard Center within the Access & Intake program
· Master's degree in social work, counseling, or psychology
· 3-5 years of experience working in human services field
· Experience with assessment, diagnosing, crisis intervention and de-escalation
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Driving required
· Full Time
· We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions up to 8% of annual salary
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
*All sign on bonuses are exclusively offered to external staff and internal staff are not eligible.
*All referral bonuses are exclusively offered to internal staff and external applicants are not eligible.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery are strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.