Provide support and guidance to individuals with mental health and substances abuse challenges, living in our residential homes. In this position, you could train to work in up to 10 residential/group homes, each one unique in population, structure and shifts.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- Meal preparation
- Basic housekeeping
- Medication monitoring
- Maintaining a therapeutic and stable housing environment
- Crisis intervention
- A combination of skills, experience and/or education
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgement
- This is a substitute position - hours are not guaranteed
- $16.20 hourly rate
Perks & Benefits
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!