The Transition House is a residential treatment program in Essex, VT, accommodating up to 4 residents. The goal of the work is to promote and support successful transitions for adolescent males, back into their communities. Sub Interventionists cover open shifts (day, evening, weekends, overnights) due to vacancies and planned/unplanned time off. This position offers flexible schedules, supervision and training, and opportunity for professional growth within the program.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
· Model and teach independent living skills
· Develop therapeutic relationships with residents
· Implement conflict resolution strategies
· Teach healthy emotion regulations skills
· Assist in the daily living of adolescents residing in this residential home
· Provide proper level of supervision
· Experience working with youth with emotional/behavioral challenges
· Ability to make decisions in a crisis independently
· This is a substitute position
· This position is paid hourly, at $18.37/hr
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.