The Revenue and Cost Analyst is responsible for service costing,
reimbursement analysis, recommending pricing strategy, and analysis of revenue
cycle metrics. This role provides comprehensive financial analysis,
financial modeling, service delivery costing, strategic metrics compilation,
and ad hoc analyses to improve the agency's financial performance. The Analyst will
be expected to take the lead on new projects, function independently within a
fast-paced environment, and work on several different projects/tasks
simultaneously. Assignments will include complex data analysis projects
that can be multi-disciplinary or interdepartmental. Effectively communicating
issues and results is critical to being successful in this position.
- Benchmarking; initial data mining from multiple sources for cost models and associated pricing
- Perform cost studies and basic cost / benefit analysis
- Complete project/contract cost reports
- Track revenue over time and analyze trends.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Perform revenue and usage analysis at the facility level to find potential billing and revenue opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in business
or related quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of the principles and
practices of budgeting
- 2-3 year of related experience
in cost accounting and/or revenue cycle analysis preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- High proficiency to work with
software applications, Excel and databases (e.g. MS Access)
- Analytical and problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills
and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
both written and verbal with ability to explain finance to "non-finance"
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS
Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off
starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees
(and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours
- Agency paid 401K
retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance
- Employee referral
program with financial payment
- Discounted online
undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace
wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff,
financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and
- Voluntary benefits from
local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone
service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is
strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of
color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY.
Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.