Establish and maintain a therapeutic and stable permanent residential housing environment for adults with mental health/substance use challenges. This is a part time position, 27.5 hours per week.
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Help maintain the overall functioning and cleanliness of the house
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals
- Work with residents on modeling home life and independent living skills
- Maintain the safety of the house by monitoring who is coming and going
- Use sound independent judgement when responding to a crisis.
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- A combination of skills, experience and/or education
- Valid drivers license and use of a personal vehicle
- Part-time (27.5 hours per week)
- This is a union position
- $16.20 hourly rate
- Benefits eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.