Seeking Individual to provide mental health and substance abuse services including outpatient counseling, assessment/screening, referral, therapy groups and case management to Reach-Up clients.
- Provide direct service to clients: assessment, counseling and psychotherapy, referral, consultation, case review, education, support and case management.
- Complete all relevant documentation, including authorizations for services, clinical notes, treatment plans, administrative forms, etc.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision, and training.
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- *Listed on VT Roster of Non-licensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists(see licensing requirement below)
- Prior experience counseling clients with co-occurring disorders, both individually and in a group setting
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment
- Demonstrated ability to defuse challenging situations and work in collaborative environment
*Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Benefits eligible position
- Hiring salary is $45,493.50
- This is a union position
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.