The Howard Center START Team currently a Peer Community Recovery Specialist. START (Stabilization, Treatment, And Recovery Team). This candidate has the unique opportunity to provide direct crisis response/resolution services that are informed and guided by a candidate's personal experience with recovery from mental health and/or substance use conditions. As a community based program, START Peer Community Recovery Specialists work in a variety of settings, including clients' homes and hospital settings, both inpatient and emergency rooms.
- Ability and willingness to share personal experiences when appropriate.
- Ability to be present with individuals in distress and/or crisis.
- Flexibility, willing to respond to needs of clients and program.
- Attending and completing required trainings in a timely manner.
- Documentation in electronic health records.
- Advocacy and support.
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with agency policies
- Demonstrate compassion, flexibility, insight and positive role modeling;
- Limited part-time (12 hours/week)
- Non-benefits eligible
- Pay rate is $15.61/hour
- Union position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.