The Howard Center START Team currently a Peer Community Recovery Specialist. START (Stabilization, Treatment, And Recovery Team). This candidate has the unique opportunity to provide direct crisis response/resolution services that are informed and guided by a candidate's personal experience with recovery from mental health and/or substance use conditions. As a community based program, START Peer Community Recovery Specialists work in a variety of settings, including clients' homes and hospital settings, both inpatient and emergency rooms.
- Ability and willingness to share personal experiences when appropriate.
- Ability to be present with individuals in distress and/or crisis.
- Flexibility, willing to respond to needs of clients and program.
- Attending and completing required trainings in a timely manner.
- Documentation in electronic health records.
- Advocacy and support.
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver's license, registered vehicle and automobile insurance that complies with agency policies
- Demonstrate compassion, flexibility, insight and positive role modeling;
- Limited part-time (12 hours/week)
- Non-benefits eligible
- Pay rate is $15.42/hour
- Union position