The Network Engineer will maintain a reliable and secure communications network to support Howard Center's 60 locations. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor network and VoIP equipment to ensure continuous operation. This position is responsible for maintaining security and quality standards in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Implement, support, configure, and maintain agency network and communications platforms
- Implement and maintain security systems and standards
- Monitor and improve network performance
- Perform upgrades and updates in accordance with internal standards and change control processes
- Collaborate with vendors on design requirements, system upgrades, and changes
- Work with System Engineer, Systems Administrator, and Help Desk staff in troubleshooting incidents
- Document all work and changes, maintain network documentation
- Participate in on call pager rotation
- A combination of five years of experience and education will be considered
- Expertise in Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications platform
- Experience with supporting large multi-location networks
- Expertise with routing protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, VoIP, WiFi, BGP, VLANs
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Software: Microsoft Office/Office 365, VMWare NSX, Microsoft Visio, Solarwinds, Noction, TACACS
- Hardware: Cisco switches and routers, Cisco Hyperflex, Meraki switches, firewalls, wireless access points, Aerohive wireless, FortiNet firewalls
- Full-time position (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.