Howard Center is recruiting for a Safety and HR Manager to lead Safety, the HR Help Desk function, manage Workers Compensation and Leave of Absence administration. This role will work with the Director of HR and external partners to develop and implement agency safety programs. This position will also coordinate data and document requests for audits or regulatory reports.
Safety ,Workers Compensation and Leave Programs:
- Oversees agency leave of absence
programs and administration ensuring compliance with state and federal laws,
and insurance/agency policies.
- Manages, develops and implements administration of the agency's
safety programs, including training, incident investigation, and participates
in the development of an annual safety strategy. Oversees implementation of
priorities/initiatives and monitors the achievement of safety objectives and
- Maintains the agency's safety programs in accordance with federal
and state safety regulations. Researches, recommends and implements best
- Manages partner/vendor and key stakeholder relationships related
to agency safety programs. Leads or participates as a member of the agency Safety
- Oversees the administration of the agency workers compensation
program, OSHA reporting, log maintenance and posting requirements.
workers compensation claims data to identify trends and recommends corrective
actions to improve overall worker safety and culture.
Manages Human Resources Service Delivery:
- Supports the creation, and maintenance of HR administrative and
service priorities and processes. Provides guidance and support to HR staff to
resolve complex operational and administrative challenges.
- Oversees the HR Help Desk function to ensure service standards and
mission are met. Provides direct support for service incident escalations.
- Develops and implements procedures to monitor customer experience
and continually evaluates service delivery outcomes/metrics for continuous
improvement. Aligns and collaborates
with HR team members and staff to enhance employee self-service opportunities.
- Manages and coordinates requests for periodic regulatory and
agency partner requests, audits, reporting and documentation. Oversees policies
and procedures for HR Department records retention.
- Bachelor's degree required in Human Resources, Business
Management, or related field.
to five years of progressive Human Resources experience required OR combination
of equivalent education and experience.
- Previous experience required in a supervisory capacity.
- HR Certification is preferred.
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
• Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
• Delta dental
• Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
• Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
• Life insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Childcare stipend
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy. ##Hilary #SocialServices