The Manager of Environmental
Services is responsible for supervising and managing comprehensive cleaning
operations for a variety of locations including, but not limited to, offices,
residential group homes, schools, and outpatient facilities. The Manager coordinates all routine and
project assignments and activities for ES maintaining all schedules and
oversight of staff and outsourced services.
This individual will also work collaboratively with Program and Site
Managers to coordinate the provision of quality cleaning services. The Manager achieves cost, quality and
regulatory objectives while meeting Howard Center's strategic and operational
- Ensures efficient and effective routine cleaning of 19 agency sites (167k SF) and special projects at additional locations.
- Hires, trains, supervises, evaluates, and schedules approx. 14 ES staff.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal and work safety regulatory requirements.
- Prepare budget estimates and monitor expenses against budget allocations.
- Maintains Hazardous Materials list for all sites.
- Provides coverage as necessary.
- Oversees cleaning supply inventory at all locations.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, Bachelor's preferred.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience as a team leader or crew chief.
- Minimum five years' experience in Environmental Services in a healthcare and/or group home environment desired.
- Valid driver's license, policy and registration
- Full-time, exempt position
- Benefits Eligible
Perks and Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture
and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce.
Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged
to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's