The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for maintaining and managing the on-site urine toxicology laboratory at The Chittenden Clinic.
- Oversight of all aspects of urinalysis and quality assurance testing for opioids and other drugs of abuse.
- Management of all urinalysis data, reports, supplies and equipment; ensuring adherence to CLIA relevant regulations.
- Providing appropriate training, supervision and evaluation of Senior Laboratory Technicians and Laboratory Technicians.
- Maintaining close collaboration and communication with the clinic-wide team to ensure high-quality patient care.
- Technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory as well as selecting appropriate test methodology for clinical use of the test results and verifies the test procedures performed.
- Establishes laboratory's test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test and test system.
- Assures that laboratory meets standards for CLIA certification and is the point of contact for CLIA related issues as well as purchases and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years laboratory training, experience, or both in non-waived testing, in the designated specialty or subspecialty areas of service.
- Experience with computer/Excel spreadsheets, graphing software proficiency.
- Good organizational skills.
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy