***$500 Sign On Bonus*** Night Owl? Need some quiet time? Apply for this part time position at the Jarrett House.
The Jarrett House is a staff-secure residential home in Burlington serving Vermont children ages 5-14, who are experiencing an acute mental health emergency.
Interventionists maintain a healthy living environment by providing supervision, modeling healthy interactions, and responding safely to crisis. In this role you oversee the residence and residents through the overnight hours. In between comforting children who wake up, you could do light housekeeping, cook and freeze meals for the next day, play Wii, or whatever you bring to help you quietly entertain yourself until the children wake in the morning.
Consider this position if you hold a Bachelor's Degree, and have use of a personal vehicle with a clean driving record.
Explore your natural talents and build social work skills while making lasting impressions on at-risk children. Applicants must have flexibility to work evenings/weekends. All of our positions focus on professional development through training and supervision, and offer the opportunity for advancement.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.