"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Health Informatics Specialist:
Protect and manage clients' health information at Howard Center sites.
- Monitor Health Information for compliance and State reporting elements associated with Openings, Closings, and Discharges.
- Responds to questions from staff and supervisors about consents/authorizations and compliance with privacy and confidentiality laws.
- Troubleshoot issues found and utilize EHR Essentials ticketing system to alert clinicians to errors.
- Utilizes multiple EHR systems and paper records, and conduct audits to ensure completeness and accuracy of all clients' documentation
- Reviews and approves/rejects internal and external authorizations or requests for information after reviewing for compliance with agency, state and federal privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Utilize ROI database as a record of requests and actions taken
- Complete all daily filing, scanning, and indexing responsibilities
- Two years of related experience
- Experience using MS Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understanding of regulations and privacy laws such as HIPAA, FERPA that govern health information and billing
- Full time
- Non exempt
- Starting at $19.80 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.