Center seeks a dynamic, highly motivated and customer-oriented individual for a
full-time Human Resources Coordinator. In this role you will perform a
variety of HR duties and provide administrative support to the HR
Department. This individual will be the primary contact for the HR Help
Desk and will also administer Workers Compensation and leave administration
- Primary contact point person for HR Help Desk, ensuring that timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests are provided.
- Provide administrative support for HR department including data entry, scheduling, filing, meeting and presentation coordination, etc.
- Respond to and coordinates program audit requests for personnel file documents and other data requests and supports program leaders during audits.
- Process departmental invoices as assigned.
- Complete and process unemployment claims paperwork, verifications of employment, income verifications, and Public Student Loan forgiveness forms and related.
- Oversee Human Resources area records retention procedures and file maintenance.
- Prepare and generates routine departmental reports such as monthly union status report etc.
- Complete and file workers compensation reports with insurance carrier.
- Serve as a liaison between employees, supervisors, insurance carriers, broker and medical providers to ensure employee injuries are handled with efficiency and compassion and employee support.
- Maintain OSHA 300 log and annual posting process ensuring accuracy and completeness of all reporting across the agency.
- Facilitate management of all claims including medical care, lost time and return to work including light duty assignments and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained for each claim.
- Prepare and distribute on-going reporting of workers compensation claims status.
- High School diploma
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 or more years in HR or administrative experience strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience in Human Resources or related field.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Strong customer service skills and capabilities including but not limited to: results and service orientation, integrity, attention to detail, confidentiality, approachability, flexibility, self-motivation, positive attitude and empathy.
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits Eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is
strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and
persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About
Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.