“We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members.”-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Educator - Life Skills
Community Support Programs has an opening for an Educator - Life Skills. Provide life skills education, social engagement, resource connection, and supportive counseling to individuals with a major mental illness.
The Community Support Programs serves adults residing in Chittenden County who are living with a major mental illness and co-occurring substance use challenges. Supports provided include home-based services, transportation to medical appointments, and community-based services. Consider this position if you would like to assist in a person's recovery with a strengths-based and client-focused approach.
- Provide supportive counseling.
- Provide independent living skills education and help with symptom management and coping skills.
- Assist with household management; crisis intervention and general problem-solving.
- Provide assistance with transportation, and obtaining medical services.
- Provide assistance with financial management and budgeting.
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Ability to work compassionately and respectfully with individuals with a major mental illness.
- Ability to understand and assess clients' physical, emotional, financial and social needs.
- A Vermont driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits Eligible
- This is a union position
- Starting at $15.81 per hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.