The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Manager will develop, implement, and manage agency-wide DEI initiatives. This
position will advise leaders on diversity
and inclusion related matters
and will research and operationalize best practices in DEI policy, staff development, and organizational development.
- Serves as a key member of, and monitors the progress of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Cabinet, and all of its associated work groups.
- Supervises the DEI Coordinator(s).
- Advises on strategies to reach diverse candidates and increase the diversity of the applicant pools for vacant positions.
- Develops, implements, coordinates and/or conducts agency-wide training to promote cultural competency and a climate of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Tracks, monitors, and reports on status of DEI strategies and objectives and provides quarterly reporting to senior management on the value of the initiatives.
- Monitors internal and external diversity trends and legal developments impacting policy, the recruitment and retention of employees.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in human resources management, business administration, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, including preparation and implementation of training and diversity initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Passion for staff development, diversity, and social justice education.
- Direct experience working successfully with diverse populations to support multicultural success through outreach to cultivate socially conscious and civically engaged human services professionals.
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.