seeks a dynamic, self-driven, and motivated individual to fill a key role in
keeping the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team initiatives moving
forward. In this position, you will engage with multiple employee network
groups and be the point person for those seeking references relative to DEI.
Consider this 20 hour, benefits eligible position, if you are motivated to work
on culture changes for a human services agency as part of a team.
- Actively participates in all DEI Cabinet meetings, Sub-group meetings, and area DEI Affinity Groups
- Sets-up meetings, establishes agendas, coordinates logistics of meetings, facilitates meetings, takes meeting minutes and posts, and performs all necessary follow-up
- Coordinates and implements tasks and duties related to DEI initiatives approved within the DEI Cabinet
- Tracks, monitors and reports on DEI initiatives, staff learning and development, trainings and community events.
- Communicates, facilitates and coordinates Agency diversity celebrations.
- Creates and provides on-going reporting to the DEI Cabinet.
- Keeps the Manager of DEI apprised of current DEI issues and potential problems as they develop; seeks advice and guidance as needed.
- Creates relationships and develops partnerships within the agency and community at large that promotes the Agency's commitment to diversity.
- Two or more years' experience in an administrative capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback as part of a team.
- Part-time (20 hours/week)
- Benefits eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium
support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined
time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of
service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses
through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME
including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness
incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international
businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service,
ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture
and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce.
Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged
to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's