Lakeview Community Care Home is seeking a part time chef to plan and prepare meals, order and purchase supplies, and engage in positive interactions with residents.
Lakeview is a long term recovery based Howard Center group home for 16 adults courageously living with mental health challenges. Our staff strives to create a safe and supportive home setting where healthy meals are a cornerstone of our resident focused community. Many of our residents have lived together for decades, and several of our dedicated team members have worked at Lakeview for decades as well. Our team is ready to welcome a reliable, dedicated, and creative part time chef.
Howard Center requires all employees pass agency background checks. Candidates with a holistic view of the positive impact of good nutrition on health are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Plan and prepare meals for up to 20 residents
- Maintain safe food handling and serving practices
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen environment
- Order and purchase supplies
- Engage in positive, healthy interactions with residents
- Experience with food preparation, purchasing of food and supplies, and budgeting
- GED Desired
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- This is a part-time position (28.5 hours/week)
- This is a non-Exempt position
- This is a benefits eligible position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.