The Clinician- Substance Abuse/Medication Assisted Treatment will provide services through Chittenden Clinic's outpatient opioid treatment program to patients dependent/recovering from dependence on opioids. Services include coordinated individual, group, and family counseling; and comprehensive health home services that address medical and psychosocial needs. In addition to service delivery, clinicians assist in developing and implementing clinic policy and procedure. Advancement opportunities available following successful licensure.
- Deliver evidence-based individual and group counseling services to individuals in medication assisted treatment
- Reliably participate in team and clinical meetings
- Partner with other team members and community agencies as needed for coordinated support/treatment
- Prepare high quality clinical documentation
- Assist in development of clinic policy and procedure
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- *Listed on VT Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists(see licensing requirement below)
- Must have AAP within six months of hire
- Prior experience counseling clients with co-occurring disorders, both individually and in a group setting
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment
- Demonstrated ability to defuse challenging situations and work in collaborative environment
*Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
- Services delivered in office setting and in community
- Union-eligible position
- Full-time, benefits eligible position
- Exempt status
- Starting salary: $46,059.00 ($48,087.00 with Clinical License)
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.