Therapist position open in our clinic based settings working with individuals, groups, or families who struggle with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. Goal to improve functioning, decrease symptomology, and increase overall wellbeing. Experience with adults and children with an ASD and ID diagnosis is strongly preferred. Understanding of DBT techniques is recommended. A successful candidate is professional, mature, relaxed, introspective, team player to be in this counseling role.
Ideal candidates are trauma-informed, flexible, competent clinical writers, and computer literate. Position provides high quality supervision, continuing education, and membership on a mature and dynamic outpatient team.
Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license required for this position then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid
premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- 40 hour work week with a 205 day contract; also offer 3 personal days and 8 sick days with a $1000 bonus for completing contract days annually
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.