Seeking individual to provide
eldercare mental health assessment, treatment, treatment coordination,
consultation and crisis intervention to community members residing in
homes/housing in Chittenden County. This Clinician will serve all Elders
as needed mainly in their home settings. This clinician must be able to
be credentialed by Medicare for reimbursement (LICSW or PhD.) and be
independently credentialed by other insurers (must have a valid mental health
- Provides direct service to Elder clients as identified by Age Well, other Howard programs, physicians, community members, etc. The services will include diagnosis, assessment, crisis intervention and triage, referral and/or ongoing supportive counseling interventions.
- Works closely and coordinates with other providers including; Age Well case managers, Primary Care Physicians, psychiatrists and family members to define client needs and insure continued treatment, referral and follow up. This coordinated effort may include attending individual care planning meetings with Age Well Case Managers and other community providers.
- Responsible for participating in crisis planning intervention and triage with CSCC to encourage continued home placement and reduce the need for hospitalization or nursing home placement.
- Responsible for representing the Eldercare Program and the efforts of the Howard Center to promote and provide comprehensive geriatric mental health services in the community in both home and congregate settings.
- Further the education of other Health and Service Providers, Case Managers, Howard Center Staff members and other community members through local forums, staff meetings and in-service meetings senior housing facilities as defined by the Eldercare Program team.
- Maintains accurate and complete clinical records as mandated by HCHS in a timely manner and following all regulatory requirements. This will include maintaining a data base on all clients seen and consultations/services provided.
- Master's degree
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in Psychotherapy and Case Management
- Full time
- 37.5 hours/week
- Benefits eligible