Enjoy helping people? We are seeking a compassionate individual to join Howard Center's ACT1/Bridge, a busy short term social detox and public inebriate program. This is a great learning opportunity for someone interested in the field of substance abuse.
- Provide screenings for incapacitation due to alcohol or other drugs
- Create treatment and aftercare plans assessing withdrawal symptoms
- Admissions screenings
- Referrals to other community providers.
- High School Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in the field of
substance abuse or a combination of experience from which comparable knowledge
and skills have been acquired.
- Basic counseling skills
- Computer literacy and good writing skills.
- Valid drivers license and transportation
- Full time position (40 hours/week)
- Union position
Perks & Benefits:
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!