Ensure a smooth and efficient operation of nursing functions at the Chittenden Clinic. The Charge Nurse is responsible for safely dispensing methadone and buprenorphine products and maintaining all Nursing Dispensary operations.
The Chittenden Clinic is a large Opioid Treatment Program in Chittenden County, serving 1,000 patients. Our Medical Director, John Brooklyn, is a 2019 recipient of the Nyswander-Dole award for his contribution to the field of OUD treatment. The Chittenden Clinic holds national accreditation through both CARF and NCQHC and was recognized by the National Council for Behavior Health in 2019 for Excellence in Addictions Treatment.
- Manage medication dosing procedures
- Inventory and ensure proper storage of methadone and
other medications as well as medication dispensing supplies
- Conduct patient education of safe methadone practice,
harm reduction and general health issues
- Train new nurses in all regular medication procedures
at the medicating windows
- Manage medicating nurse rotations and maintain proper nursing coverage in emergency situations
- Graduated from an RN education program
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license, Vermont license eligible
- One year of experience in addition/substance use and mental health
- This is a full time position
- This is a non-exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families.
- Delta Dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more.
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.