Lead a team of Administrative Assistants supporting critical programming at Howard Center. This position will provide administrative, operational, and technical support in order to maintain effective and efficient operations. Administrative Program Coordinators collaborate within and outside their assigned programs, often in roles of process leaders and liaisons to internal and external partners.
- Provides day-to-day coordination of operations; communicating with programs and business units as needed to ensure that programs and/or sites operate safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures program or business unit operations comply with organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains departmental records and an accessible knowledge base of program or site-specific documented policy and procedures. Performs data entry, manages databases, and generates reports as required.
- Supports use of office, electronic health record, and other technology by program staff by assisting with new client registrations, audits, AV support, basic troubleshooting, and staff training.
- Supports clients by providing customer service, interpreter access, patient financial services (e.g. financial registrations, insurance assistance and prior authorizations), assistance with new client intake workflows and program orientations, support for lab services, reminder calls, and distribution of funds and other property to clients as necessary within programs.
- Supports staff by supervising administrative assistant(s); provides administrative support for training and credentialing processes, assists with site or program-specific staff needs.
- Provides support for meetings, trainings, and events and related technical and logistics coordination and participates in or contributes to special projects as assigned.
- Provides or oversees office supports as needed in programs or work sites. Office supports include general clerical duties such as reception coverage; supply ordering, mail and copy center support. Supports financial operations by processing and documenting of payments for goods and services. Examples of financial supports include contract workflows, invoicing, check requests, and purchase order processing.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- At least 2 years of administrative experience
- Abilities contributing to success include but are not limited to: Diplomacy, integrity, confidentiality, approachability, self-motivation, and empathy.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Benefits eligible
Perks and Benefits:
Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
Flexible spending account
Employee Assistance Program Employee referral program with financial payment
Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy