"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Acute Residential Counselor Adult - Community Apartments:
Employees in this
position may be eligible for up to $3,000 in grant-funded tuition or loan
Establish and maintain a therapeutic environment for adults with mental health/substance use challenges and a history of homelessness. Develop and implement treatment plans and teach independent living skills.
The Community Apartments program offers support for adults living with mental health and substance abuse challenges who have experienced past hospitalizations. We have 24/7 on-site staffing to maintain a therapeutic environment, navigate crisis as needed, and offer ongoing support with independent living skills and community connection.
We have multiple positions, including full time evenings with partial weekend availability. Full Time positions offer a 4-day work week and full benefits.
- Provide supportive counseling, medication management, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Help residents strengthen coping and symptom management skills
- Help maintain the overall functioning and cleanliness of the house
- Work with residents on modeling home life and independent living skills
- Maintain the safety of the house by monitoring who is coming and going
- Use sound independent judgement when responding to a crisis.
- A combination of skills, experience and/or education
- Valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain respectful relationships is essential
- Ability to demonstrate competence with adults experiencing emotional challenges
- Full and part time
- Starting at $20.54 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
Watch this YouTube clip to hear from people doing the work!
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.